UBC Policy #104 Acceptable Use and Security of UBC Electronic Information and Systems
This policy is intended to outline the responsibilities of members of the University community with respect to the acceptable use and security of University electronic information and the services, devices and facilities that store or transmit this information.
Information Security Standards
The Information Security Governance Committee has published a number of Information Security Standards in support of UBC Policy #104.
- UBC Incident Response Plan (PDF)
- Information Security Guidelines for Securing and Preserving Electronic Evidence (PDF)
Data Destruction terms, to be included in hosting contracts where Confidential Information (including Personally Identifiable Information of Protected Health Information) is stored with a vendor, can be found here: UBC Data Destruction Clauses (DOCX)
- Third Party Risk Assessments need to be conducted in situations where a University unit is outsourcing to a hosted or cloud based vendor – typically Software as a Service (SaaS). The vendor delivering the service is required to complete the "3rd Party Outsourcing Information Security Assessment Questionnaire" and address any issues identified to the satisfaction of UBC Information Security Management, before contract terms are finalised.
UBC Policy #130 Management of the Wireless Network
This policy applies to the management of the wireless network used by faculty, staff, and students at UBC; it governs devices that interfere with the network and/or present a security risk to the network.
FIPPA and Accessing Student Records
- Enrolment Services created an introduction video for faculty and staff about FIPPA, information security, and accessing student records on the Student Information System (SIS)
- More information about SIS changes, projects, and training can be found on the SIS Updates Blog
BCNET Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to each individual who uses a link to BCnet.
The terms and conditions of use apply to all individuals who are issued a UBCcard