For a list of our previous events, please see our Past UBC IT Events page.
UBC IT's inaugural "IT @ UBC Town Hall" will be held on Tuesday, May 3, 2016 in CIRS Building, Room 1250 from 9:00am to 11:00am (refreshments will be available starting at 8:30am). All IT colleagues are welcome to attend this event! Live streaming will also be available for those that won't be able to attend the event in person. All IT colleagues are welcome to attend this event!
The focus for this event will be the strategy and transformation of IT delivery on campus. We are honoured to be joined by Chris Howard, VP Research at Gartner as well as the following representatives from IT units across campus for a panel discussion and Q&A session.
- Corey Nislow, Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Hasan Cavusoglu, Associate Professor, Management Information Systems Division, Sauder School of Business
- Janeen Alliston, Director of Student Communications Services, Student Communications Services
- Michael Thorson, Director, Infrastructure, UBC IT
- Ricardo Serrano, Associate Director, Information Technology, Arts ISIT
- Simon Bates, Senior Advisor, Teaching and Learning and Academic Director, CTLT
- How is the technology landscape changing and how will it impact teaching and research at UBC?
- How will the changing landscape impact the delivery of technology services?
- What can and should UBC do to prepare for these changes?
- How can IT across UBC play a role in helping adjust to these changes?
- How can we as IT staff be successful in this constantly changing environment?
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Time: 9:00 am to 11:00am (refreshments are available starting at 8:30am)
Location: CIRS Building, Room 1250 (2260 West Mall)
Location: Event will be streamed at the Campus Administration Buildling, ADM 026 (University Theatre)
Please click here to access the live broadcast.