Privileged Access Manager (PAM) enterprise service will be implemented at UBC to create secure access to privileged accounts (root and system administrator accounts).
- Test PAM capabilities
- IAM team to review proof of concept
- Measure the day to day impact on managers, helpdesk, service owners and end users
- Understand product scalability
- Provide an enterprise solution for storing privileged accounts
- Create workflows to access these privileged accounts
- Randomized passwords on a regular basis so passwords do not need to be changed as IT staff leave UBC
- Certification on privileged accounts
- Remove passwords being stored in clear text for scripts
For questions or feedback, please submit a request through out our online web form.
The PAM Pilot will commence in Aug 2014 and will manage the root/sysadmin account on Linux and Administrator account on Windows for selected servers at UBC IT.
PAM User Guide (DOCX, 688 KB)
Access Requester video tutorial (MP4, 4.5 MB)
Service Owner video tutorial (MP4, 6 MB)
For support requests, please submit a request through out our online web form.