- What type of printing material is available?
- What file format should I send to you through the file upload form?
- What are the standard poster sizes?
- How much will my poster cost?
- When will my poster be ready?
- What is a print ready PDF?
- Can you also print handouts?
- Can you help with design?
1. What type of printing material is available?
- Standard poster presentation paper - recyclable, commonly used for scientific and academic posters - $5.00 / sq.ft.
- Fabric (Pack n' Go) - lightweight, foldable polyester material. Best for travelling abroad with your conference poster - $7.00 / sq.ft.
- Vinyl - Typically used for banners and retractable displays - $8.00 / sq.ft.
- Premium Photo Glossy & Matte - great for professional and archival photo quality prints - $12.00 / sq.ft.
2. Which file format should I send to you through the file upload form?
3. What are standard poster sizes?
We recommend checking with conference guidelines for size restrictions required for conference posters as each conference is different. Our wide format printer can print posters up to 42 inches on the narrow length by however long/wide you wish. In most cases we can scale your poster proportionately to fit our printer.
4. How much will my poster cost?
5. When will my poster be ready?
Wide format posters will be ready within three hours if you provide us with a print ready PDF. However, during peak periods, turnaround times may vary depending on demand. Rush charges may apply for same day service. Please allow additional time for other formats such as PowerPoint, PhotoShop, or InDesign. We will confirm pick up / delivery time with you via the contact information you provide in our upload form.
6. What is a print ready PDF?
A print ready PDF is a flattened, full-sized (100%), high resolution (150-300 ppi) portable document file. Using these files means that you will not have to worry about missing/shifting images, fonts or texts. Most applications will have 'save as' or 'export as' PDF option.
7. Can you also print handouts?
Yes, we can accommodate most small volume digital print requests. Please add additional time for these orders. NOTE: UBC business cards and stationery are handled through the Payment and Procurement Services website.
8. Can you help with design?
Yes, we can certainly help with all aspects of graphic design from consultation and clean up of your existing files to full layout, illustration and design services. Please call for an appointment well in advance of your deadline.