You may have noticed a chat bubble icon on your Skype for Business window. This is Persistent Chat, which lets you create topic-based discussion (chat) rooms that persist over time.
Consider using these chat rooms to:
- Coordinate events
- Create ask-the-expert and Q&A forums
- Create a bulletin-board environment for evolving topics
- Collect feedback from colleagues and test new features
- Share information among employees across different working hours and locations
Learn how to create a new chat room on the Microsoft Support Website.
If you are planning to create a Persistent Chat Room, please remember the following guidelines:
- Use of Persistent Chat Rooms must adhere to UBC Policy 104 (http://www.universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2013/06/policy104.pdf)
- Departmental FASmail contacts have the authorization to request the removal of Persistent Chat Rooms
- UBC IT has the right to remove any chat rooms deemed inappropriate
- Missing conversations cannot be restored if Persistent Chat Rooms are accidentally removed
- UBC IT will only retain a maximum of one year Persistent Chat history
- The Persistent Chat feature may not be available in all versions of the Skype for Business Client (learn more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425836(v=ocs.15).aspx)