Starting now, the only way to get a virtual firewall context from UBC IT is in conjunction with Virtual Networking. The firewall context appears in the Transmogrifier, the web-based tool to assist departments and faculties in managing their own networks. Here is some information about the virtual firewalls:
- All 8 UBC Outer Core Cisco 6509 Routers contain Firewall Service Modules.
- 5 Gigabit per second aggregate throughput.
- Has a redundant failover firewall.
- Looks and feels like a real hardware Cisco firewall.
- Departments are responsible for their firewall rules.
- UBC IT will help in configuring your security policies and troubleshooting your firewall if and when you need it.
Below is a diagram of the 8 UBC Outer Core Cisco 6509 Routers with Firewall Service Modules: