- macOS 10.14 (Mojave) incompatibility
Testing indicates that Airwatch Content Locker Sync does not currently run in macOS 10.14 (Mojave). If you wish to maintain its functionality, please do not upgrade your Apple computer to Mojave.
- Quota Full - but space used on local computer less than quota
The quota includes files that have been deleted and moved to the Trash. These files are not sync'd to the local computer.
To resolve, log in to the web portal (files.workspace.ubc.ca), select Trash, and Empty the Trash
- Failed Sync - This message may occur intermittently due to network issues and/or as computers reconnect when starting or waking up.
Normally, subsequent syncs will be successful.
If a sync is never successful, please submit a support ticket
- Airwatch Content Locker Sync unexpectedly quits in macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
The older versions of the client have compatibility issues with some macOS computers.
To install the current version see it.ubc.ca/services/web-servers-storage/workspace-20/frequently-asked-questions#download-client.
- Unable to Empty Trash
More commonly seen with files/folders deleted some time ago.
If both clicking Empty Trash and selecting the item and the clicking Delete do not work, try the following:
- Restore an folder/file; Delete; then Select it in Trash and Delete from there
- Select all items, then a folder/file at a time - Restore, Delete and Delete from Trash
- Maximum file name length including the file name and enclosing folders is 260 characters for any given file. The Content Locker Sync application will not be able to sync files or folders exceeding this limit. This is an Operating System limit for Microsoft Windows and macOS.
It usually appears for shared folders, where the sharing user has a local path that is shorter than that for users being shared to.
- Invalid Characters - Microsoft Windows and macOS Operating System character limitations may impact synchronizing with Desktop Sync clients:
Avoid using the following characters in filenames:
em dash, smart quotes - from Microsoft Office
Some international character sets may also have problems
- Empty files - Files less than 1 KB in size cannot be uploaded to Workspace, either with a web browser or a desktop sync client.
- Users with either "<" or ">" in their password may have problems logging in.
- When downloading and installing the Content Locker Sync Client, one may receive a message that it 'is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer'.
At this point, this is expected behaviour.
- Personal Content folder on a network drive. Although this may work, it is not supported. If you are seeing synchronization issues that are not due to other causes (character issues, locked files, etc), please move your Personal Content to a local drive.
- Content Rendering features in the Self-Service Portal (Web Interface) have been disabled due to technical issues. As a result, the portal will not display preview images of selected content (e.g. Documents, photos, spreadsheets, text files, etc) prior to download, nor will you be able to use the "view only" feature for shared links.