UBC IT provides a variety of software programs to the University community. Leveraging volume purchases, IT is able to provide discounts to the UBC community. Over one thousand UBC faculty and staff buy statistical products, Microsoft software and UBC administrative system software through IT, taking advantage of low prices and the convenience of being able to install software across the network onto their hard drives in a matter of minutes.
For more information or to purchase software for the Vancouver campus, please contact IT Software Licensing. Okanagan campus staff and faculty should contact the Instructional Computing Centre in the Okanagan.
Eligibility for some products may be restricted based on your affiliation with the university, e.g., student, staff, or faculty.
Products by Vendors:
- Adobe Products (Staff and Faculty only)
- Acrobat and Creative Suite
- Antivirus Products
- Microsoft Products (Staff and Faculty only)
- Office Applications, Operating Systems, Server Options
- Mathematical and Statistical Software
- Oracle Enterprise Edition Database
- Other Software
Microsoft Products - Students
The UBC Bookstore offers academic pricing to students for many software packages. Please contact the Bookstore for more information about their product offerings.
Software repository location change
Due to aging hardware, UBC IT is in the process of decommissioning the Saturn server, which houses the current software repository otherwise knowns as Saturns\Apps. It will be replaced by a new service referred to as Teamshare-SLMS. No timeframe has been established as of yet but IT administrators with access to the old Saturn service will be contacted in the near future regarding this change.
Connecting to Teamshare-SLMS
Journal Voucher Examples
By purchasing a software license, you are only purchasing the right to use the software. You do not own the software and cannot redistribute it to others. Some other important policies surrounding our Software Licensing Service include:
- Once software has been purchased, it CANNOT be returned . Thus, compatibility between your computer and the software should be thoroughly researched before a purchase is made.
- Licenses are purchased per machine, so a single license cannot be used for multiple machines. NOTE: Depending on the software, Departments with at least ten machines in their lab may have the opportunity to purchase a Lab License.
- Most licenses are based around a yearly maintenance fee.
- The IT Service Centre offers very limited technical support for this software, so we suggest that you check the manual or the vendor's website before contacting us.
All mathematical and statistics software licenses expire annually on March 31. To continue the use of these software titles you must renew the license on or before April 1.