Access UBC Studios Teaching Resources
We're Open! UBC Studios Do-It-Yourself One-Button Studio, Audio Desk, and Lightboard Studios are open and running with COVID-19 measures in place. Media production support requests for online teaching and learning are welcome. Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Our COVID-19 measures:
- Current booking procedures remain the same. However, we have implemented enhanced security measures, both the USB and UBC Studio entrance doors are now locked 24/7. Access is granted by calling the front desk at (604) 822-9800 for pre-booked DIY bookings and meetings.
- Increased sanitisation of all studio spaces, work stations, and equipment after every session
- Maximum DIY booking occupancy of 2 individuals per session adhering to physical distancing guidelines
Changes to Lightboard Studios
- New Livestream capabilities – stream Lightboard sessions to any online platform using RTMP streaming or Zoom via Virtual Webcam.
- Operator station has been moved to a separate room to ensure safety for operator and users.
- We've added contact-less tools: wireless adapters for connecting media and a boom microphone for audio recording.
- Maximum two individuals per Lightboard session.
New Service: Home Kit — Table Top Lightboard
- We have developed a table top lightboard home kit for faculty and staff to improve their home teaching setup.
- Read more about our home kit here or watch how it works below.
DIY Drop-in Sessions Online
- Join us at our Monthly DIY Drop-In Sessions where a UBC Studios producer and tech specialist help answer your questions about filming, equipment and gear setup best practices for online teaching. Register for an upcoming session here.