UBC IT offers procurement support for computing hardware, including desktops, laptops, tablets and monitors to all UBC faculty and staff. The benefits of buying products through UBC IT include:
- Discounted pricing based on UBC's purchase volume agreements
- Operational compatibility with UBC's policies, technical standards and best practices, including security and privacy policies
- Compatible with new operating systems i.e. Windows 11
- Supported by university information security software products
For non UBCIT clients, the agreement allows all Faculty and Staff to order directly through Microserve with the full educational pricing discount. Please contact Microserve at email@example.com to place your order.
Listed below is a selection of hardware that we recommend to support your work and activities. If you do not find a product that fits your business needs, please feel free to reach out to us and we will work with our IT Hardware vendor representatives for quotes on other products in their catalogue. Warranties may vary depending on the device.
UBC IT is able to provide price quotes and order the full line of Apple products. If you wish to order Apple products through UBC IT Desktop Services, please begin the process by creating a ticket to capture your requirements and track your request.
Apple devices, such as Mac, iPad and Displays are covered with 3-year Apple Care+ for Schools.
Note: All Apple products cannot be returned or exchanged once orders have been placed.
Note: All purchases are subject to 7% PST and 1.65% GST.
|Use Case||For running email, IM and web browsers at the same time. We do caution against the use of this device for complex productivity tasks.||Best for Intermediate to advanced productivity tasks such as running several applications at the same time (i.e. MS Office applications, MS Teams, Zoom, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro etc.)||For Digital content edition (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite) IT developers, QS testing, entry research (i.e SAS Mathlab)|
Lenovo ThinkPad E14
Dell Latitude 5440
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s
Dell Latitude 7440
Lenovo ThinkPad P14s
Dell Mobile Precision Workstation 3580
Dell OptiPlex Micro 7010
Dell OptiPlex Micro 7010
Lenovo P360 Tower
Dell Precision Tower
- Desktops can be configured in different form factors, such as Micro, Small, or Tower.
- CPU, RAM and storage size can be customized upon request
- All Windows based laptops and desktops are covered with 3-year premier warranty from the Manufacturers
- Includes 3 years of Accidental Damage Protection
- Excluded if damage is result of misuse or abuse
- Three-year Premium Battery Support includes one replacement of a defective battery per year of warranty.
To submit warranty claim or request, please provide your device’s serial number and contact us at https://ubc.service-now.com/selfservice/
UBC IT can provide type-c docking station that is compatible with Dell and Lenovo based hardware:
- Lenovo ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock
- Dell Thunderbolt Dock
Monitors & Accessories
UBC IT can provide quotes on several different monitor sizes for purchase:
- Lenovo T23i 23” Monitor
- Samsung F24T454FQN 24” LCD Monitor
- Dell P2422H 24” Monitor
- Dell P2722HE 27” Monitor
All Monitors purchased through UBCIT include the necessary cables for common connection. We are able to provide quotes for special connection cables if necessary.