UBC is gathering feedback on its telecommunication services in relation with CRTC policy 2021-215. This feedback is specifically focused on telecommunications accessibility (in support of the Accessible Canada Act) and will contribute to the development, revisions and implementation of the telecommunications accessibility plan.
The initial telecommunications accessibility plan is available as a PDF here:
Individuals who wish to provide feedback on telecommunications accessibility options at the University of British Columbia, or request the Telecommunications Accessibility Plan (or a description of the feedback process) in an alternate accessible format can submit feedback via one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 604-822-3916
- Webform: Click Here to submit feedback via web form. This method also includes an option for anonymous feedback.
- Mail: Send your request or feedback to the following mailing address:
420 – 6356 Agricultural Rd
Vancouver, BC V6T-1Z2
All requests and feedback will be received and reviewed by:
Communication and Collaboration Services, UBC IT
Every submission (except for entries submitted anonymously) will receive a response from UBC IT and feedback containing personal information will be kept confidential unless the person who submitted the request or feedback consents the disclosure of their personal information.
The Accessibility Plan and subsequent progress reports will be published according the following schedule:
- Feedback process and description: by 1 June 2022
- Initial accessibility plan: by 1 June 2023
- First progress report: by 1 June 2024
- Second progress report: by 1 June 2025
The cycle repeats for subsequent accessibility plans and progress reports.