Campus visitors who are not guests of UBC faculty or staff can use our visitor network for light web browsing at no charge.
- The 'ubcvisitor' network allows visitors to connect to the internet for light web browsing.
Who Can Use This?
- The wireless service is for all campus visitors. No login is required, however users are required to accept a Terms of Service when first connecting.
- UBC students, faculty, and staff should use the ubcsecure, eduroam or ubcprivate wireless networks.
- Visitors from other educational institutions which support eduroam, should use the eduroam service.
- A Wi-Fi-capable laptop or mobile device.
- Bandwidth is limited
- You may not be able to access some UBC resources; use ubcsecure, eduroam or ubcprivate wireless networks to access UBC resources.
- The service is not intended for high throughput file sharing, low latency gaming, or similar services.
- Select the "ubcvisitor" wireless network on your wireless device.
- Open up a web browser, and you will be directed to the login page.
- UBC IT provides visitor wireless internet access "as-is", "where is", and "as available".
- No support is provided for this service.
- Service outages and maintenance will be posted on the UBC IT Status Page site.