We have received funding in 2017/18 to enable us to increase access to essential software for staff and faculty at UBC. The following software licenses are now available for staff and faculty to install at no cost on UBC-owned computers:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC – Create, edit, and sign PDF documents
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Collection of 20+ Adobe apps including Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and InDesign
- SPSS - An advanced statistical package for the Social Sciences
- SAS – Software for business intelligence, business analytics, data warehousing, and data mining to gather, manage, and analyze large amounts of information
- Maple – A powerful mathematical problem solving and visualization system used worldwide in education, research, and industry.
This will add to the Microsoft, NVIVO, and MatLab licenses that are already available for staff and faculty at the university. With these offerings, we hope to enhance productivity and support academic, research, and communication tasks at UBC.
By offering an easy and cost effective way to access the products listed above, there will be significant financial savings across campus. In addition, access to current releases of these products will reduce the risk of vulnerabilities that occur due to the lack of automatic updates.
For more information, contact your local IT support group or visit the software licensing section on the IT website at https://it.ubc.ca/services/desktop-print-services/software-licensing