Software Licensing Bulletins
- May 29, 2017: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Cloud, SPSS, SAS, and Maple are now offered to UBC staff and faculty at no cost. (Learn more)
UBC IT is able to provide a variety of software programs at discounted rates and others at no cost for the university community. Statistical products, Microsoft software, and UBC administrative system software are available through IT, with the advantage of lower prices and a convenient installation process.
For more information or to purchase software for use at the Vancouver campus, please contact UBC IT Software Licensing. For staff and faculty from the UBC Okanagan campus, please contact the UBC Okanagan IT Services Helpdesk.
Please note: eligibility for some products may be restricted based on your affiliation with the university (e.g. student, staff, or faculty). In most cases license agreements are for UBC-owned assets unless otherwise stated.
List of software available:
Adobe Products (Staff and Faculty only)
- Includes: Acrobat and Creative Cloud
- Includes: Sophos Anti-Virus
Microsoft Products (Staff and Faculty only)
- Includes: Office Applications, Operating Systems, Server Options
- Mathematical and Statistical Software
- Qualitative data analysis software
Office 365 for Students
- Includes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. Students running Windows can also install Publisher and Access.
- Includes: Oracle Enterprise Edition Database
- Other software
- Microsoft Products for Students - For more information, please see Office 365 for Students
- Journal Voucher Examples - Here are two examples (example 1, example 2) of completed Journal Vouchers displaying the kind of information we may need.
By purchasing a software license, you are only purchasing the right to use the software. You do not own the software and cannot redistribute it to others. Some other important policies surrounding our Software Licensing Service include:
- Once software has been purchased, it CANNOT be returned. Thus, compatibility between your computer and the software should be thoroughly researched before a purchase is made.
- Licenses are purchased per machine, so a single license cannot be used for multiple machines. NOTE: Depending on the software, Departments with at least ten machines in their lab may have the opportunity to purchase a Lab License.
- Most licenses are based around a yearly maintenance fee.
The IT Service Centre offers very limited technical support for this software, so we suggest that you check the manual or the vendor's website before you contact the UBC IT Software Licensing team.