UBC IT is hosting its inaugural "IT @ UBC Town Hall" on Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at CIRS Building, Room 1250 from 9:00am to 11:00am, focusing on the topic of strategy and transformation of IT delivery on campus.
The event will include a presentation by Chris Howard, VP Research, from leading IT research and advisory firm, Gartner, and an interactive panel discussion and Q &A session with the following campus representatives:
- Corey Nislow, Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Hasan Cavusoglu, Associate Professor, Management Information Systems Division, Sauder School of Business
- Janeen Alliston, Director of Student Communications Services, Student Communications Services
- Michael Thorson, Director, Infrastructure, UBC IT
- Ricardo Serrano, Associate Director, Information Technology, Arts ISIT
- Simon Bates, Senior Advisor, Teaching and Learning and Academic Director, CTLT
Discussion Topics for event include:
- How is the technology landscape changing and how will it impact teaching and research at UBC?
- How will the changing landscape impact the delivery of technology services?
- What can and should UBC do to prepare for these changes?
- How can IT across UBC play a role in helping adjust to these changes?
- How can we as IT staff be successful in this constantly changing environment?
Click here to register for the event!
Can't attend the event in person? Live streaming is also available. Please click here to access the live broadcast.
More information on the event can be found on www.it.ubc.ca/events