- Snagit allows users to capture, modify, and share screnshots and basic desktop video captures. For instructional and support purposes, this is a very valuable tool.
- Camtasia complements the functionality of Snagit by offering comprehensive video and audio recording of your screen, along with a powerful but simple timeline-based editor.
Both Snagit and Camtasia are available immediately for Windows and OSX supported equipment for instructional and research use. Installation can be done through the Canvas Learning Management System. Alternatively, if you have an EAD account, the software can be downloaded through Software Centre. If you would like to request an installation of this software, please submit a ticket through our Help Desk system.
- Must have an active CWL account
- Must be an active UBC staff, faculty or student
- Must have Windows 7 or greater, or OSX 10.8 or greater
If you have any questions, please contact the Accounts Team for more information.