Important Note: UBC IT is currently updating the myVPN content to reflect recent changes made to the service. Please contact us using the web form with any questions and concerns you may have. We have listed the FAQ questions as a starting point for any questions you may have for us.
Why can't I connect to myVPN?
We have received some reports that users with DLink WBR-1310 model routers are not able to use the myVPN software. myVPN will work if they bypass the router and plug directly into their cable or DSL modem. The WBR-1310 router seems to blocking the connection in some way we have not been able to determine.
Some security software suites will slow down or block the myVPN service or the data that it sends and receives. This can be resolved by adding AnyConnect VPN client software into the "allowed" or "trusted" software list and/or disabling SSL scanning.
- Kapersky Internet Security suite - add the Cisco Anyconnect software into the allowed list:
- Deselect Http SSL 443 from the monitored port list in Settings->Network->Port Settings
- Add the following to Trusted Applications or Trusted Zone:
- C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\vpnui.exe
- C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\vpndowloader.exe
- C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\vpnagent.exe
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256237