What is eduroam?
eduroam is a collaborative wireless network that only requires one-time authentication and provides users with roaming access to the internet everywhere eduroam is available.
How do I connect to eduroam?
- You can authenticate to eduroam with your CWL by including your institute's domain:
Login: Your_CWL_ID@ubc.ca Password: Your_CWL_password
Who do I go to for Support?
- If you are a UBC user, please contact the IT Service Centre Help Desk for assistance.
- If you are not a UBC user, please contact your home institution's IT service desk.
Where is eduroam available?
- A list of UBC campus and UBC affiliated locations that have eduroam access can be found here.
- A map of CANARIE affiliated institutions that provide access to eduroam in Canada can be found here.
- Information about eduroam affiliated institutions around the world can be found here.
More information about eduroam…
- Please refer to UBC's eduroam wireless network FAQs for additional information.
- In case of service disruptions, check the status of the eduroam wireless network on UBC's Status Page website and Twitter feed.
- Users of the eduroam network must abide by the Appropriate Use guidelines of both UBC and the home/visiting institution. Wherever the respective appropriate use policies conflict, the more restrictive rules will apply. Please read the University of British Columbia Guidelines on the Responsible Use of Information Technology Facilities and Services for further information.