- The relays will reject high risk email, such as:
- Messages containing a virus attachment
- Messages identified as phishing (attempting to capture personal information)
- Messages identified with a high spam probability.
- Inbound email with a medium spam probability will be tagged in the headers and warning text [Potential SPAM] will be prepended to the subject line. In addition, a warning banner is inserted at the top of the message advising the user to be cautious of the message contents.
- Spam and virus definitions are automatically updated and applied, ensuring the relays remain effective.
- Mail-relay cluster consists of six load balanced servers, providing fault-tolerance
Departmental mail service administrators will need to set the MX (Mail Exchanger) record for their domain to vma.mail-relay.ubc.ca. Administrators will also need to provide information about which host the mail-relays should contact as the next hop. Refer to Getting Started for more information.