FeaturesCWL accounts currently offer access to a number of services, including:
- UBC Wireless (UBC's wireless network)
- UBC Software Download site (free anti-virus download)
- Internet Access Ports
- Virtual Private Networking (myVPN)
- Student Service Centre (SSC)
- Housing Online Services
- My Library Account (UBC Library borrower information page)
- …and much more!
Who Can Use ThisAll students, faculty and staff can sign up for a free account. Faculty and staff can also sponsor a guest for a free CWL account.
Examples of guests include:
- Visiting faculty
- Faculty emeritus
- UBC alumni
- Distance education instructors
- Sessional instructors
- Consultants and contractors
- Non-UBC wireless network users
- UBC-located conference goers
- Clinical Faculty
Technical RequirementsFaculty and staff cannot sign up for a CWL until they are assigned an employee ID and it has been activated in the Human Resources database.
Students cannot sign up for CWL until they are assigned a student number (also known as a reference number). Note: UBC Applicants must use the Student Service Centre (SSC) to create a CWL account.