The UBC IT Intranet project's purpose is to improve productivity and effectiveness of communication and collaboration within the UBC IT department. It consists of building a new UBC intranet using SharePoint 2010 and developing associated branding and communications governance around the new platform ("shareIT").
The Intranet project will deliver the following benefits:
- Increased productivity through better organization and search tools enabling staff to locate information quickly and easily;
- Reduced information redundancy by creating a central content repository;
- Targeted and more effective communication through an overhaul of existing communication pieces and channels;
- Increased collaboration through the use of current tools such as blogs and wiki;
- Increased employee engagement through the use of leading edge social media tools, new branding and identity of the intranet.
- Build a new UBC IT intranet based on the Information Architecture designed and tested;
- Use SharePoint 2010 as the platform technology;
- Create a new identity and branding;
- Streamline communications based on the new communication channels made available by the new platform
- Develop and implement appropriate governance policies and plans.
The shareIT intranet was introduced to UBC IT employees in the summer of 2011.