UBC Mailing Lists is now a live service of UBC IT. For up to date information see the Mailing Lists service catalogue page.
Currently, there is a need for an improved enterprise mailing list service to replace the current Interchange mailing list service (also known as Majordomo). After receiving extensive feedback (see Survey and Focus Groups Feedback Summary), UBC IT has evaluated a number of mailing list products and selected a replacement. The new service uses LISTSERV (v.16) technology, and allows users to create, manage and control electronic mailing lists.
UBC IT is currently conducting a pilot of the new service, which will be extended to select business groups across campus. A full product launch is scheduled for late June.
The purpose of this project is to evaluate a series of enterprise mailing list services in order to select a new solution that will satisfy the requirements from users across campus.
The completion of this project will allow for the retirement of the Majordomo mailing list service, which is housed on Interchange hardware that is overdue for retirement.
- To gather and document business and technical requirements for an enterprise mailing list service from the UBC Community
- To research mailing list solutions utilized by other Universities and gather feedback to determine product feasibility in the UBC environment
- To determine how to migrate existing active Interchange mailing lists to the new service
- To select a mailing list solution based on both business and technical requirements
- To create a Proof of Concept (POC) test installation as well as hold pilot groups and usability testing to confirm that the product meets UBC's business and technical requirements
- To roll out the selected product and migrate existing active Interchange lists to the new mailing list service
- To shut down the legacy Interchange service and its related support infrastructure and Tracc-II accounting system
If you have any questions about UBC Mailing Lists, please send an email to email@example.com