The Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G provides wireless voice communication over an IP network. Like traditional analog telephones, you can place and receive phone calls and access features such as hold, transfer, and speed dial. In addition, because the phone connects to the UBC wireless network, you can place and receive phone calls from anywhere in the UBC wireless environment.
The Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G is hearing aid compatible (HAC) but does not have any TTY features. It also has a centered “dot” or “nib” on the 5 key that is a tactile identifier.
The physical characteristics include:
- Resistance to damage from dropping the phone
- Tolerance of anti-bacterial and alcohol-based wipes
- Latex and lead free
- Resistance against liquid splashes
The following sections contain information re-posted from Cisco’s website. In addition, the following publications are available:
- Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G Phone Guide
- Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G Accessory Guide
- Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G Installation Guide
- Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G Datasheet
- Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information for Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920 Series and Peripherals
- Open Source License Notices for the Cisco Unified IP Phones 7900 Series
Note to previous WiFi subscribers:
Under the WiFi trial, all menu options were visible on the handset. With WiTel Service, the menu options have changed. Under "Settings", several menu options are greyed out and not available for selection. These menus hide configuration settings related to enabling the phone on WiTel and are only visible when unlocked by the WiTel system administrator.
How the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone Operates
The Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G operates more like a cell phone than like a desktop phone. Small wireless phones with an antenna allow you to move around a facility while staying connected to a call. These phones, like cell phones, can approach the edge of the RF signal range and experience static or poor voice quality. At times, you might encounter areas where there is no signal and lose the call entirely. The following is a list of calling locations and situations in which wireless phones might experience audio problems:
- Stairwells, elevators, rooms with metal equipment such as file cabinets, or heavy machinery
- Break rooms with microwave ovens, or labs with equipment that emits RF signals within the same ranges.
- Conference rooms or other congested areas where many people are using wireless devices
- Parking garages and outdoor areas where access points are not located or out of range.
Caution: This product is not a medical device and may use an unlicensed frequency band that is susceptible to interference from other devices or equipment.
The Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G has many of the same phone features as the IP phone desktop models, such as mute, access to voice messaging, and directories. The phone has a limited number of buttons, because of its size. As a consequence, the following are some differences in its operation:
- No line buttons—You must enter the phone number from the key pad and press Send. You can press the Phone icon from the main screen to use other lines on your phone.
- Only two softkeys—You must press the Options softkey to see the list of softkey features.
- You do not hear a dial tone.
How to Care for and Clean the Phone
- Use only chargers, batteries, and accessories that are approved by the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone7925G manufacturer. Use of unapproved chargers, batteries, and accessories might be dangerous.
- Do not adhere a clip to the back of the phone or insert a clip between the phone and battery cover because it can damage the battery.
- When disconnecting the power cord of any accessory, grasp and pull the plug. Do not pull the cord.
- Keep accessories out of reach of young children.
- Clean the phone with any moist wipe.
Note: Using unapproved accessories, not protecting the phone from moisture, contaminants, and hard impacts can invalidate the one-year hardware warranty.
For a list of available accessories and their descriptions, refer to the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G Accessory Guide
How Users Access the Help System on the Phone
This Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G provides access to a comprehensive online help system. To view the main help menu on a phone, from the main screen, press the Select button in the center of the navigation button. Wait for several seconds for this menu to appear.