Jamf Pro, developed by Jamf, is a comprehensive management system for Apple macOS computers and iOS devices. Through the Self Service application, you can quickly download and install university-approved software on your own without having to submit a ticket through your local IT support unit or UBC IT Service Centre. Jamf Self Service is available over the internet without a UBC VPN connection required.
Features & Benefits
- Reliability - Devices will receive software updates and patches with little to no interaction required by the user
- Time Efficiency - Process updates and deployments will run in the background, freeing up time to carry out other work tasks
- Flexibility - You can control when and where to install new software or run maintenance on your devices through Self-service portals.
- Security - IT Technicians can manage the security of your machine on the backend, so software patches, antivirus protection, and firewalls are well maintained.
UBC IT supported Faculty and Staff
Sign Up Requirements
- To receive this service, you must belong to faculty/unit that has a Service Level Commitment (SLC) agreement with UBC IT and be using a UBC owned or managed device. Please check with your local IT support unit or the IT Service Centre if you are not sure if your faculty/unit has a SLC with UBC IT.
- Please refer to Jamf Pro Release Notes for current recommended and minimum required OS version. (Click on Read Online, then Jamf Pro System Requirements).
- Free for UBC IT supported MacOS devices, such as iMac, macBook and macMini
- 8 USD per device per year for iOS devices, such as iPad
- Ensure your device is eligible for the service (please refer to the above Sign Up Requirements)
- Submit a ticket to the IT Service Centre or contact your IT support unit to get started.