Setup Instructions for Alibaba Global Accelerator Service
Students connecting to their UBC online courses from China now have access to an internet connection to help improve access to online learning resources.
If you are studying in a location outside of Canada that is designated for this service and are experiencing issues connecting to online learning resources, connecting through the new Alibaba Global Accelerator service may help. (Please note that the level of connectivity improvement may vary, as connection speed also depend on other factors such as hardware, home internet connection, etc.) See below for instructions:
STEP 1: Download and install VPN
When you have been added to the VPN pool, download and install VPN by clicking on Automatic for your operating system. If you already have VPN installed, skip to Step 2.
|Apple Mac OS X 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13||Automatic|
|Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10||Automatic|
STEP 2: Connect to VPN
- All students wanting to use the Alibaba service must have their CWL added to the "student.int" VPN pool. Please request this from UBC IT via the online web form before proceeding
- Open the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" application that you use to connect to myVPN.
- In the bar where you would normally type myvpn.ubc.ca, copy and paste in the number that is closest to where you live:
- For China North (Bejing): 22.214.171.124
- For China South (Shenzen): 126.96.36.199
- For China East (Shanghai): 188.8.131.52
- Click Connect.
- When asked to log in, use your CWL username and password, but add student.int to the end of your username.
- For example, if your username is abc123, you should use "abc123.student.int" instead.
- Please Note: Although you will still be able to connect without adding the student.int onto the end of your CWL username, adding student.int will allow you to access the full benefits of the Alibaba GA service for the best chance of improving your connection.
If you are not able to connect to the Alibaba Global Accelerator service with the instructions above, please review the FAQs or contact the ITSC via this webform and provide your CWL username and location: www.it.ubc.ca/helpdesk