- You pay for a pre-allocation of resources giving more predictable billing.
- Organizations are charged for the capacity allocated to their Virtual Data Centre.
- You can expand/contract your resources at any time by submitting a service request.
- Lowering the guarantee of resources allows for more virtual machines to fit into the pre-allocation, but this may impact the ability for the virtual machines to get the resources it asks for.
Educloud Server Service Fees
|Basic Fee (licensing, support)||$55 per VM / year||Includes powered on and powered off virtual machines|
|CPU ||$9 per GHz / year||Total allocated to virtual data centre|
|Memory ||$10 per GB / year|
|Disk high performance||$0.40 per GB / year||Total allocated to virtual machines in virtual data centre|
|Disk standard performance||$0.15 per GB / year|
|New Storage - 2018||TBA|
New Storage - 2018
EduCloud Server storage is moving to a new solution during 2018. Further information will be sent out and posted as it is implemented.
High Performance Storage
High performance is our current SAS based tier intended for more demanding virtual machine workloads.
- Moderate to High I/O performance
- Database servers, I/O demanding applications
Standard Performance Storage
Standard performance is our current SATA based tier intended for every day applications.
- Low to Moderate I/O performance
- File Servers
For more details, please contact UBC IT Systems online.